Monday, August 29, 2011

Incorrect Apostrophe Usage.

Hey man, whats up? Not much, just heading off to you're moms house.  


What's wrong with that sentence? If you said "He was very rude to his pal!", you are wrong (kinda).  The correct answer is incorrect grammar.  There are 2 incorrect uses of apostrophes and 1 incorrect use of 'you're'.  Some people may call me a grammar nazi, but I prefer the title "One who uses correct grammar". It's not hard to understand the English language when you've been speaking and writing it all your life.  I will give some slack to those who are learning it as their second language.  This matter is one that bugs me incessantly whenever I pass a street sign advertising:


"Fresh Veggie's at the Farmer's Market"


If they got the second apostrophe right, why would they put in the first?  Sometimes I feel like they must do it on purpose, just to bug people like me.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey its josh, I wanted you to konw that i think your'e right and that your' making a good point, peole use " ' " way too much one day' they will just replace the comma as a whole. Haha i,m just kidding of course' that would never happen' I was wonering in if you,re ever going to expand this to like an advice collum thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your entire paragraph made me cringe repeatedly. Maybe, but I'll probably just use it as a way to rant or talk about myself... Because I'm selfish like that.

    ReplyDelete