Monday, December 5, 2011

Finals.

I've never really understood the fascination around finals.  I don't see the point in having a dedicated time for an extra long test to summarize an entire semester of class.  I feel that incremental tests along the way work just fine.  But why make such a big fuss over it?  Why not just spread it over 2 normal class periods, and not mess up someone's schedule?  Example:  Normally on any weekday, my earliest class is at 9:10am.  But on finals week, I have a Monday final at 8am, and the rest of my day is empty.  Why not just have every class meet at it's normal time and split the final between however classes it takes?

2 comments:

  1. But that's better than DP's final schedule...why do I need to go to class after a final? To sit there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it has something to do with essay questions that require multiple hours to respond, and so therefore can't be split over multiple days.

    ReplyDelete