Friday, December 2, 2011

Fine Friday XIV: Canvas shoes.

These are the culprits.
So many of you know I have an obsession with shoes.  And if you didn't know, I am obsessed with Puma El Reys.  Now, to my advantage, Puma has tons of styles of this one shoe, encompassing many different fabrics.  They come in leather, suede, plastic(ish), furs, corduroy, and canvas.  Usually the less expensive pairs are made of canvas.  But sadly, canvas scuffs extremely easily.  I love wearing canvas shoes.  There is just something so timeless and classic.  It's a durable fabric, yet once it gets dirty, it's impossible to get it clean.  I've tried Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, the washing machine, chemical shoe cleaners, but nothing seems to ever get white canvas shoes white again.  But does that stop my addiction?  No.

2 comments:

  1. try baking soda, or soaking in oxyclean overnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and this says to spray w spray starch before u wear to protect them

    http://www.cheapalicious.net/2007/02/how-to-clean-canvas-shoes.html

    ReplyDelete