Thursday, November 10, 2011

The elimination of Autumn.

This has been happening for years.  Commercial interests have been destroying the very idea of Thanksgiving ever since the idea of Black Friday and Cyber Monday caught on with the mainstream public.  But this year has just been absolutely outrageous.  Wal*Mart already has their Holiday commercials playing, and T-Mobile made a big boo-boo with their "4G Wonderland" (say that 3 times fast and you'll see what I mean).  But do you want to know who I blame? Justin Bieber and Michael Bublé.  They both released Christmas albums far too early this year.  I'm just as guilt by listening to Bublé's album.  It also doesn't help that I have never been in cold weather before, so now whenever it gets chilly here at WKU, I get in the Christmas mood.  But hey, if Amazon wants to have Electronics deals all the way up 'til Black Friday, I say go ahead.  I'm all for savings.  But let's not forget what comes between Halloween and Christmas.

1 comment: