Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Touch Screen Keyboard 'Clicks'.

Ever been standing in an elevator, and the annoying person's phone goes off.  They read the message, and once they start to reply, your ears are filled with *click* *click* *click*.  My hypothesis is that most people don't know how to tun that setting off.  I mean, people can't be expected to know how to use the settings menu on their phones.  Even worse: I have had people in some of my classes with iPads (eww) with the clicking enabled.  They take notes all class with the constant clicking.  Also bundled in this post: People who don't mute their computers when they turn them on in class.  Countless times you hear the Windows Start-up sound, or the retro Mac sound.  Understand your electronics please people.

2 comments:

  1. The thing with computers is that a lot of them don't let you me the computer unless it's on. But yes, they should silence them if possible. I use Swype on my phone, and that clicking noise annoyed me so I turned it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. speaking of 1pads.... i was in the Museum of Modern Art in NYC and some 50 something woman pulls out her ipad to take a picture of a piece of art. i wanted to take a picture of HER sooo bad... and then, to top it off, another 50 something woman says to her other friend," oh! look! its the new model. mine doesnt have a camera!" cringe.

    ReplyDelete