Wednesday, November 9, 2011

How I can't watch 90s TV shows online.

So today I was feeling nostalgic.  For some reason, The Amanda Show popped into my head (probably since I watched 'She's the Man' the other day), and I wanted to watch some re-runs.  First I check Hulu, and it forwarded me to Nick.com.  "Sweet!", I thought.  But no, it was one segment of Moody's Point.  So next I went to YouTube.  I found an account that had uploaded the entire first season, with each episode split into 3 parts.  Success....right?  Nope, Viacom (the company that owns Nickelodeon, CBS, etc...) requested that YouTube remove the first part of every episode.  Not the 2nd and 3rd parts, just the 1st.  Pardon my French, but that was a bitch move.  If they're never going to air the episodes again, why not allow them to be posted online somewhere?


P.S.- If anyone knows where I can watch them online, TELL ME.
P.P.S- Has anyone heard from Amanda Bynes lately?

6 comments:

  1. Lol I hated that show. I always watched Rocket Power, Spongebob, Rugrats, mostly just the cartoons, I never really enjoyed the live shows. I did once and a while enjoy All That (which was Amanda's start), and their original movies were pretty good (like Good Burger and such). Their new programming makes me sick, same with Cartoon Network. It's mostly garbage like iCarly, the one with the boy band, and many other crappy shows that are even more stupid than their 1990s shows. Cartoon Network only has like 3 cartoons they consistently run, Adventure Time, Flapjack...they're all either extremely disturbing or just plain stupidity.
    Even original Spongebob episodes had meaning, these new shows and newer episodes of Spongebob are just plain silly, and have absolutely no meaning to them.
    What I suggest for you to do, is to go find a Nickelodeon torrent and download that. For those who go crazy because you're "stealing" something, if it's something you can't buy anymore, then it wouldn't be possible to not "steal" it would it? I would definitely go buy a copy of Good Burger if they had one somewhere on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. iCarly is actually extremely funny. But I agree with the Cartoon Network problem. It went down the tubes once Dexter stopped. I feel like the last good show out of CN was Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. But the artistic merit for Flapjack is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flapjack is disturbing. It was kind of a good idea art style, but I wouldn't show an 8 year old it, they wouldn't even understand the jokes. iCarly is kind of lame, admittedly, I did watch it for a while, but eventually it just became really lame and unoriginal. Foster's was also something that I felt just died over time (although sometimes they do show it). My favorite show throughout my childhood was Ed, Edd, and Eddy. I guess it appealed because it WAS the stupidest show at the time, but it was very original, and was kind of a callback to Looney Toons and such. Which, by the way, they revived as "Looney Tunes" if you hadn't noticed, and they show old school Looney Toons along with newer episodes. It's perfect, best new show I've seen anyone do in a while. The new Lola character is very annoying, but Bugs, Daffy, etc. are still very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. flapjack is artistically fantastic.
    2. www. 1channel. ch ... i watch everything there, take a look around... they have a bunch of old stuff. i watched as told by ginger the other day...haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little seal girl, living in the real world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yussss... i wish you could just like comments here...

    ReplyDelete