Sunday, September 4, 2011

Emergency Exit only stairs.

I've run into this one at a couple of different places.  The other day, I decided to walk down the 26 flights of stairs in my dorm building instead of taking the elevator.  When I finally got to the bottom, what did I find?  A big red door with the words "Emergency Exit Only: Alarm will sound!", and a big vandal proof security camera facing the door.  I had to walk up 5 flights to the first guy floor to leave the staircase and take the elevator down to floor 1. Want an even worse example?  The Disneyland Hotel has a staircase that locks as soon as the door closes.  Walk into the stairs by accident?  You need to walk all the way down and take the elevator back up.  I get security issues, but some of these are ridiculous.  Just let me walk down the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment