Thursday, September 29, 2011

Online math tests.

Not the math testing center, but this is at WKU.
My math class uses this online tool for homework and tests.  It's called MyMathLab.  Now, I'm okay with doing math homework on the internet with my computer.  It's no skin off my back.  Usually it's better, because I'm more likely to have a computer with me than a book, pencil, and paper.  The one problem though is tests and quizzes.  Since they are both administered over the same online tool, you have to take them on your own time.  But you can't just take them in your dorm, because then you could use WolframAlpha for every question.  You have to schedule an appointment at the Math Testing Center.  You know where the testing center is?  The top of the hill.  Furthermore, when you arrive, they wipe the entire memory of your calculator.  I lost my Calc-Art from Sophomore year :( .  Then you go sit in front of a computer in a cubicle while they watch you.  Even worse, the air conditioner in the room is loud and squeaks constantly.

2 comments: