Saturday, September 17, 2011

Stupid/ridiculous abreviations.

I have been enlightened to a few new texting/Internet abbreviations over the past month or so.  Some that I find so pointless, so stupid, so dumb that I felt they deserved a post.  I will list them below:

  • SMH, smh, smdh - Apparently stands for "Shaking my (damn) head".
    • Ex. "Some people on this page just get on my nerves! SMH"- Facebook
In my opinion, this is the worst of them all.  Why can't someone use words to show their disgust?  I also think of something vulgar when I see this.
  • HMU, Hmu - "Hit me up".
    • Ex. "I'm not going to be shy anymore . What's up names jdub see me around I'm a chill ass Guy to talk to . Hmu sometime people" - Facebook
Hit me up is a phrase that has already been shortened.  HMU looks like a college to me.

Definitely my favorite text lingo.
These examples are from the WKU Class of 2015 Facebook group.  I literally cannot understand half of the things people post on that page.  Sort of like how I couldn't understand a word some ladies at Wal*Mart were saying to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment