Monday, September 26, 2011

How hard eating healthy in college is.

Except my floor doesn't have a kitchen.
I've been trying to lose weight for the past month, and I've discovered just how difficult that really is when using a meal plan at a school in Kentucky.  Everything, and I mean everything has saturated fats.  I would go out and buy more healthy foods, but I already paid for the meal plan. *excuses*.   I have been forced to eat at Subway every other day and get a sandwich with ham, lettuce, olives, and vinegar.  Not even cheese.  I do however find solace in that since this is a Pepsi school, every soda machine has Diet Mountain Dew (caffeine without sugar).  Luckily, I feel as though I am able to burn off most that I east by walking all the way around campus everyday (2 miles, with a large elevation gain).  Here's the worst part though: both my mother and grandmother have sent care packages to me.  Full of what may you ask?  Food.  Mainly candy and Slim-Jims. Sigh.



3 comments:

  1. How is it that I'm not fat and I go to like McDonald's every day? I'm probably not as healthy as I could be...but wtf...I bet I'll be gigantic in college if I don't start working out or find a better diet.
    Now it was obvious that if you were going to go to a school in the south, you were going to have a lot of fatty foods. My mom is from the south, and she doesn't have a single recipe that doesn't have some sort of fatty stuff in it. Isn't Texas (one of) the fattest states? Is Kentucky the top now, or was it some other southern state? You get my point lol.
    And LOL at Diet Caffeine Free Mountain Dew. What's up with California and not having caffeine free Mountain Dew? We also seem to not have Diet Mountain Dew normally either.
    Oh...and I found a cool app if you want to start exercising a little (I'm thinking of taking some light jogs when I have time). Check out Endomondo if you haven't already. I'm thinking I'll be using it myself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the caffeine. Not the sugar. And Kentucky has a reputation for fatty foods (KFC).

    ReplyDelete
  3. KFC was my first thought when I thought Kentucky lol. I don't care about caffeine, I love Mountain Dew :p

    ReplyDelete