Friday, September 23, 2011

Fine Friday V: Twitter.

To start off: I do have a twitter (@sofunnytom), if anyone really wants to follow me, but I have no idea what I will ever use it for.  If I wanted to give 140 character random messages to the world, I would just post it as a Facebook status.  What I find ridiculous is when someone posts over 50 tweets a day.  How are you supposed to sift through the crap that isn't directed at you?  I like the idea of hash tags though.  It's quite a clever idea to find and rate trends around the world.  There is one main thing I don't like about #s though.  I follow @ryanauld (Project Runway Season 9), and I have to wait until the day after the show goes on to watch it because I can't get TV working on my computer.  Everyone tweets the results before I get to watch the show!  But Twitter has made itself relevant to modern society, so that's just how it will be.  One thing people need to understand: Twitter is not a Facebook replacement or even competitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment