Saturday, October 29, 2011

Auto-Resolution choosing video players.

So we've finally entered an era where most networks post their shows online to watch.  Great right?  I mean, you still have to watch ads, but we'll never get away from that.  So in this era, most people I know have broadband, and if they don't, they don't watch TV shows online.  So why then do the networks feel like they need to have auto-resolution choosing video players?  I feel they do a terrible job of choosing the right resolution.  Example:  I was catching up on this season's NCIS LA on cbs.com.  Their video player has the ability to show HD, but only when it chooses to.  Whenever I go to full screen, it goes to a higher resolution, but it would never go to HD.  A little background info: my school has 95 m/bits per second+ speeds.  And it's definitely not that my computer can't handle it.  And you know what, even if I do have to pause and let it buffer every once and a while, I'd still rather do that and be able to watch it in HD.  On a side note, ABC is the best with making all their shows available online, but their video player lacks volume control...

No comments:

Post a Comment