Wednesday, October 12, 2011

People who add you to pointless Facebook groups and events.

Ever since Facebook remodeled how groups work, there has been the problem of adding people to groups.  With the changes, anyone could add you to any group regardless of your permission.  Considering how people already could not understand the difference between a page and a group, this led to countless groups about stupid topics such as someone's 'photography'.  Another thing that bugs me: Facebook events.  Creating an event for losing your phone and needing numbers is not ok.  My response to this used to be "www.facebook.com/phonebook", but for some stupid reason, they deleted the phone book feature.  Worst mistake of all time, considering how now you actually need to ask every single person if you want their number.  But an event is not the way to do it.  Also, apparently 'Maybe' is the new polite 'No'.

3 comments:

  1. I don't understand why people need to make an event for a NEW phone. They still have the old one, transfer the contacts over, it's not hard. I did it...seriously just go into bluetooth and select all your contacts and set up your new phone and just transfer...I'll help you do it if you really are that retarded and can't just Google it and find it yourself you lazy idiot. You're so very right Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That and the fact that all the carriers have machines in every store that transfer them automatically....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided to do it over bluetooth, but they did have one at Radioshack too. I didn't want to wait in line, so I just bluetoothed all my contacts to my phone and then just set them all up as Google contacts so they'd be stored on my account.

    ReplyDelete