Friday, October 14, 2011

Fine Friday VIII: Electronic Music.

Ever heard a really good song? Like one that is stuck in your head for a long time and has a great beat?  Yeah, me too. I don't follow traditional party lines with music.  Usually I will only like one or two songs from an artist (there are exceptions), and I use an evolving playlist.  I will listen to 2 or 3 songs on repeat until something new catches my ear.  Now to the meat of this post.   Ever heard an electronic song you liked? It seems as though I have never been able to find a good electronic song that I like that isn't 20 minutes long, or includes way too many repetitive sections.  I mean, I can like a good dubstep or trance song, but does it really need to be that long?  I think you can get your point across in around 4-5 minutes like any other artist.  Even worse?  When you find that same song that you like has a shortened version.  Success? No, its about 2 minutes long... but it's still a good song.

1 comment:

  1. And then there's me, one who listens to bands that have an average of 6 to 8 minute long songs. Anything shorter than that is too short for me now lol

    ReplyDelete